Monday, June 9, 2008

Windsor and moving

I just finished moving all of our luggage and newly aquired household items down 2 flights of stairs and halfway down the street. Whew! It's okay though because we get to move today! I'm meeting with our agent here in town at 10 am this morning to go over final paperwork and get the keys.
We went to Windsor on Saturday and toured the castle and the town. The castle was absolutely spectacular and we saw things such as Henry VIII's suit of armor, huge ornate solid silver tables and the Waterloo chamber that has a table for formal dining which seats over 100! As well as many old uncirculated royal family photographs, sketches by Leonardo da Vinci, and Prince Charles' crown. The queen's flag was flying over the round tower, proof that she was at the castle lurking behind the curtians watching us. I thought I saw the corner of her hat peeking out one time, but Scott told me it was just a part of a curtian tassel. Drat.
The changing of the guard was cancelled, but we'll catch it next time.
I must run to meet with our agent. Thank you for all the comments! We really enjoy reading them! I will try to answer you all individually later on this afternoon.
Cheers! Barbara

1 comment:

Miranda Comer said...

Sounds like everything is going good- hooray! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place set up! Good luck w/ the final details.